OK, the deal is today, that I am really behind on everything so I am gonna aim for lots of pictures and few words this post. We’ll see if that is something I can achieve, I am unsure myself. BF does sometimes call me Reed (after Reed Richards of the FF, a man of many long words indeed), so I’d say he would think I’d fail in this. In fact so far, this is beginning to look wordy already, oh boy.
The crocheted donuts I promised a picture of last post, before Photobucket disappeared on me, that is. Yummy yeah?
The apron I crocheted for RecycleMicol. Also a pic I promised last post before I lost my ability to link to ’em. Yes, I realise this apron is not a practical one. It is not meant to be, it is a means to identify the wearer as the hostess of the party. 🙂
Now, the other item I missed out on showing off was my new steering-wheel cover. Check it out.
My own design, tweedy braided cables. Now my hands won’t get all scorched after parking out in the Brisbane sun, yeah! 🙂 I am loving this. I want to make little matching cushions to throw in the back seat. I never have passengers anyhow, so the space is not used, but I fear this will look a bit tragic. Jane Feebles has already given me a very stern warning against covering a tissue box to stick on the rear parcel shelf. I think she used the word ‘forbid’ in there somewhere, so I promised not to (not that it had yet occurred to me anyway).
Here is a nice li’l close up of those nummy braids. This was before I installed the cover, I think, so the braids are a little more stretched out than this picture shows. But you get the general idea.
Last post I mentioned that i am working on a cabled beret for this winter season. Well, it is still a work in progress. It isn’t actually going all that well, I have finished twice already and neither result was a good one. Here is a pic that explains the basic idea and my inspiration some.
We’ll call this the swatch OK. I reality this is what is left after partial ripping back of attempt number one, but it doesn’t matter. Some of you will recognise this, it is a single motif from Norah Gaughan’s Capecho pattern (on the cover of Vogue Knitting Winter 07). I love the capecho, but I really do not like making modular projects, so I won’t be making one. I love this motif though, with it’s little starfish like centre where the cables join. It is simple, but oh so effective. Brilliant. So I figure, it would make an awesome beret if I just elaborate on it a little more. Easy right? Well, it ought to be. I am having troubles with it though. My first attempt actually worked, but it made for a close fitting beanie shape, not the super slouchy beret I had envisioned. So I had another go. I finished that just this afternoon and it is truly heinous. I will show pics as soon as I have ’em, for gag value more than anything. You WILL get a chuckle out of it. My beret looks like something a jester would wear if aran had ever been fashionable at court. Scary!
Obviously, I have failled the wordiness challenge today. No mind, I am OK with that. One last picture though.
This is the first (and possibly only) progress shot I have for you all of my extreme tea cosy. This yarn knits up handsomely, and quickly too. These two swatches are the sides of my cosy. I expect the next pic you’ll see of them, will be of the finished piece. It looks like I may well have enough left over for a mat to go underneath, too. That is good mileage from a mini-skein I think. 🙂