Well, I disappeared for a while there. I won’t bore you all with why, well not the long version anyhow. Sadly, I wasn’t swamped with swapping duties. No, I was working. Unusual I know! Basically I have been doing two jobs, and neither of them very well, because – well it just seems to work that way. One of my work colleagues went and got herself a ‘real’ job a few weeks ago. I have been trying to hold the fort since, as she has not yet been replaced. It could be a few more weeks yet, that is the worst part. So I have been stressed out of my brain and it is not quite over yet, I am hopeful though and things are begining to ease up. At least by the end of this I’ll have someone I can ‘do lunch’ with, away from the office. Soon, I hope, things will be back to something resembling normalacy.
Now, I have been knitting all this time, although not as much as normal. I just haven’t had time to advertise the fact. In fact I had to cut out a lot of stuff, exercise was the first thing to go. Basically I have been working, knitting, eating, sleeping and nothing else. I did make it to S’n’B last Tuesday though – speaking of which…
Lookee what I did! I got so excited about tomorrow being World Wide Knit in Public Day tomorrow that I decided yesterday that I’d need a comemorative tee to wear. Well, I didn’t mess around folks (this time), it is done. I worked out the design at morning tea, bought a plain red singlet at lunch and I drew the design on this morning. I went with a singlet so I can layer it up easily and ‘cos I am a cheap ass. 🙂 I am going to add a bit of a line about WWKIP day under the design this evening. Hopefully I’ll have action shots to show off after the weekend.
A quick rundown of what is on the needles (STILL!).
- Diagonal rib stitch scarf, camel coloured alpaca blend. To match my aviator cap. https://missvicki.wordpress.com/2007/03/06/another-aviator-cap/
- Cotton dishcloths for a Craftster swap with Whiskey. Details must remain a secret untill Whiskey has received (I am posting the package of today), I hate to spoil surprises.
- Rock ‘n Roll scarf for Dale who kindly gave me a very large stash of knitting books that belonged to his Mum. How nice is that? Well, it deserves a scarf I reckon. Thickly striped red, grey and black alpaca blend.
- To the extreeme tea cosy, handspun yarn from RecycleMicol. Yeah, I know I suck for not finishing this already.
- Merino red/multi coloured socks for Lady Llanalla’s baby.
- Crochet braid to edge picnic blanket. Red, black and white acrylic.
- Triple stranded crocheted/knitted umbrella cosy to match blanket braid, also red, black and white acrylic.
- Grey beret attempt number 5 (#4 is a good lookin’ beret but not poofy/slouchy enough, # 3 is the infamous thunder chunky in last post), handspun wool/soy silk.
- Cushion cover for my car, various grey yarns.
- Cotton Betty Boop half apron for Sarah’s birthday. OK, it isn’t on the needles as such, but if I put it on the list, I may just finish it. 🙂 Pattern is cut, just haven’t started sewing yet.
- Shiny grey/multi cotton lace scarf.
I wonder if I can fit all my WIPS in my trolley to take along on Saturday? Maybe, but then I wouldn’t have enough space for cookies and that isn’t cool. Be there kiddies, at Southbank, come knit up a storm! Heh, did I mention the cookies?