I am now around a third of the way through the armhole shaping of the first panel of my current jumper knitting project. Pictured below, for those who don’t recall it or haven’t seen it yet, this pic is from the pattern booklet.
So far all is going well. Though this morning I found an oddity in the way the shaping is written. I want to avoid calling it an error, as it was consistent over some four or five rows. Whilst i felt it was wrong, i could easily see what was needed and it was easily fudged first go. If I were to alter the way in which I work and think about casting-off stitches at the beginning of rows, then the instructions would be correct. So I have just made a note of it for future reference. Had I been more inexperienced, I would begin to think my way of working and counting my cast-off stitches must be incorrect. But this is not a problem I have encounter in any other pattern. I know I have not explained this well, at all. But I am not certain it is worth it (I tried to explain it to my housemate – also a very experienced knitter – and I failed spectacularly, it was very hard though the issue is simple) for something so isolated. If others begin using the pattern too then I will make the effort.
Errrm, here is a shot to show where I am up to.
The cables are looking nice. They are worked every row, to my surprise, I expected right side rows to be the only ones with crossings. It is a simple enough pattern though, so no hardship. Also there are areas of around five rows with no cable crossings at all, between sections of around nine rows where the crossing occur every row. So I guess you do get breaks, and anyhow, there is only two and a half repeats total. It’s no biggie when you put it like that. Heh, I wonder if I will still feel that way at this point in the next panel.
I have been looking for a piggy bank for a while. Just a little something to put my 5 cent coins in and keep on my desk in the office. Well, it has been ages now, it seems I was down on the designs out there. They were all too girly, sparkly or expensive for my tastes. I just wanted something simple and preferably not an actual pig. Heh. Well, I have one finally and wouldn’t you know it, pigs! Yup, not just a pig, but a whole stack of ’em.
These guys are so bad I had no choice but to declare them to be good. It helps that the price was right too. Two bucks at the dollar store on George Street (Brisbane), SCORE!
Oh yes I can. Made up about 100 grams of these last night to take along to the Insubordiknit workshop this weekend.
‘Taint they nommy?
These bad boys are wool and silk. Two shades of grey and a touch of black merino, a teeny bit of white tussah and a handful of rainbow dyed rods to be more specific.
This is a blend I have wanted to make up for some time (and I know I will do it again to better effect too). The original idea was to make a classy looking tweed that was also fun and wearable next to my hypersensitive skin. Something that on closer inspection would reveal itself to be far less traditional than the tweed tag will initially suggest.
Anyhow, I love these and they were fun to make. Which is just as well, because if I am taking them to the workshop (an art yarn workshop may I remind you) they will end up as a yarn of crazy. Classy, is probably not a look I will be striving for this weekend and this is not a bad thing. Besides, it will give me an excuse to make up this blend again, I’d like more variety in the grey shades next time anyhow.
Yup. I actually did finish my socks before the deadline. Ha! Almost precisely 24 hours before I’ll have you know 😀
They are a tad tight in the foot, but they are wearable and the yarn is sooo very nice. I am calling this adventure a win for sure. And lookee what I got for my efforts…
My officially bestowed Sock Hockey finisher medal
Must keep knitting!!!
I am soooooo behind. 😦
This is Tony…
He is named for ol’ Shell Head himself. 😀
He is a cutie patootie.
Just a quick one to show off how far I have come with my Sock Hockey efforts for Team Doing A Bradbury in the 2010 Ravelympics.
Not only do I have two toes by now, I almost have half of each foot. I expect to be getting close to gusset increases by the end of tonight’s meet at Night Owls. Of course, we’ll see how I go.
So far I am having fun. I could have made better progress by now I think. But I had two false starts, so I have no real complaint. It is looking like I am on track at this stage to finish this before the flame goes out.
It is my hope that I will have finalised my pattern mods and swatching for my machine knitting event this week. That way, I can cast on for the first piece of it after this Saturday’s QSWFA general meeting.